The choice the American people will face in next November’s election couldn’t be more important.
• Remember that as the last Republican administration left office, the American economy was losing 750,000 jobs a month, and that was on top of countless homes foreclosed and too many families devastated.
• What’s at stake is nothing less than 13 million new jobs and 67 months of private sector job growth since 2010, health insurance within reach for millions who previously couldn’t afford it, and expanded opportunities for every American.
Democratic values are American values
• Just look at the record and you understand what Democratic values are all about.
• We are the Party fighting so that the middle class and every hard working American has opportunities, a fair shot and a chance to get ahead.
• When Republicans last left office, our country was in economic turmoil, the middle class was devastated, and the auto industry was collapsing. Families lost jobs, homes, and even their savings.
• Today we can look back and see 67 straight months of private sector job growth, the security that if you get sick you’ll have the health care to cover it, and greater opportunities for Americans from all walks of life. In fact, pay and benefits rose in 2014 by the most in the last six years.
• The DNC Democratic Debates are about building on these successes and showing that we need a Democratic President to continue the hard work that President Obama put in to bring our country back from the mess Republicans left behind.
o As Democrats, we know that issues like ensuring pay equity and raising the minimum wage matter — not just for women but for families and our entire economy.
o As Democrats we know that the 17 million uninsured Americans who now have access to quality health insurance are better off;
o Ad Democrats, we’re proud that the uninsured rate has decreased 35% and almost 6 million young adults under the age of 26 have gained health care coverage since 2010 thanks to Obamacare.
o As Democrats we know our economy is stronger and our families are healthier because our country is now generating more clean energy – including solar and wind – than ever before.
o As Democrats, we know that all Republicans are doing by denying immigration reform is propagating a broken system, and that the President’s policies like DACA strengthen our security, our economy, and our entire nation.
o As Democrats, we value the right to vote. The Supreme Court weakened key parts of the Voting Rights Act, but the Democratic Party is increasing our efforts to protect and expand the right to vote. We want to ensure that every eligible voter is registered, every registered voter is able to vote, and that every vote is accurately counted.